- 1 and ¾ lbs (800 grams) of pork
- 10 dry pitted prunes
- 20 chestnuts
- bay leaves
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of a dry white wine
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Don’t let the name deter you. The beautiful combination of sweet and salty will be great to you and your guests.
– Make a small hole about ¾ an inch (2 centimeters) at each end, that goes through the center of the pork.
– Stuff the meat with dry prunes.
– Cut the top of the chestnuts and boil them in hot water for 20 minutes. Dry them and peel them.
– Brown the pork in a baking pan with olive oil and Bay leaves. Add the wine and let it evaporate, then add salt, pepper and milk.
– Bake in the oven at 350 F for 90 minutes, rotating frequently.
Serve still warm and enjoy, pairing with Cabernet wine!